Currently we have a vacancy for an East Wales Endurance Officials Secretary
VOLUNTEER ROLE PROFILE East Wales Endurance Officials Secretary
- Attend East Wales Regional Meetings (either in person or via video link) six times a year
- Represent East Wales Region at Welsh Athletics Endurance Officials Committee Meetings (either in person or via video link) six times a year
East Wales are seeking to appoint an Endurance Officials Secretary. The appointment is on a voluntary basis and the term of office is initially for one year, renewable at the East Wales Region Annual General Meeting; generally held in June each year.
The key responsibilities are set out below:
- Promote, East Wales officials’ education and personal development.
- Assist with maintaining a register of East Wales Officials, in conjunction with Welsh Athletics Officials Secretary.
- Liaise with Welsh Athletics in all matters relating to officials, including courses and the deployment of officials.
- Promote Officials’ Conferences.
- Update officials on all officiating developments.
- Assist with the implementation of the strategy for recruitment and development of new officials, and the retention of officials within East Wales.
- Nominate officials of the appropriate levels for regional events
- Assist with the appointment of officials, including Chief Officials, for all regional Championships and events promoted by East Wales, including joint promotions.
- Establish links and liaise with Clubs within the Region
- Notify clubs of requirements for officials at regional events
If you are interested on taking on the East Endurance role, please contact
What is a regional council?
Regional Councils play a key role in the Governance of Welsh Athletics. Every Region has a nominated person for each discipline group who will represent the views of the Region. The Regional Councils are also a place for clubs to discuss and share challenges and opportunities for future development.
Every Region supports a competition structure, including Regional and Inter-Regional Championships – events that play a key role in athlete development pathway across all age groups.
Full details on the Regional Councils can be found in the byelaws of Welsh Athletics.
Full details on the Officials committee can be found in the Welsh Athletics byelaws Terms of Reference: Byelaw 126.96.36.199
TO BE THE NUMBER ONE SPORT FOR PARTICIPATION AND OPPORTUNITIES ACROSS WALES, UNDERPINNED BY A WORLD CLASS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME. WE WILL ACHIEVE THIS BY BEING A SECTOR LEADING ORGANISATION FOR GOVERNANCE, COLLABORATION, INNOVATION AND MODERNISATION.
This vision is underpinned by:
- A One-team approach – everyone working towards a common objective.
- Clarity of purpose – for everyone including regions, clubs, volunteers.
- Support our clubs to overcome the challenges they have highlighted.
WE HAVE DISTILLED DOWN THE FEEDBACK AND DISCUSSIONS INTO OUR 6 GOALS:
Our vision supports the overall Vision for Sport in Wales